The home-automation era is over. The intelligent home and your career evolve here.
Do you want to jump with us to the next level of connected houses? You are at home! Come in!
At sofiathinks we bet on the extraordinary combination of user-friendly Software and powerful Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the ability to think to improve the most important place in our lives, our houses.
We are a start-up that takes care of what really matters: Feeling safe at home, saving energy, and looking after our families. Our main product, Sofia, is a brain in the heart of the house that comes to change the way we interact with our favorite place in the world.
Do you want to help us build a better indoor life? We combine a senior team with long experience in software and hardware multinationals with a group of young professionals eager to take over the world. Since 2017, we are creating a technology capable of using AI for self-learning and autonomous decision-making. An Intelligent Home accessible for everyone, not only a few tech-savvy people.
What are we looking for
People who thrive in this role:
- They love technology and are passionate enough to bring Sofia to new abilities and functionalities.
- They are driven, have high expectations of themselves, and are at their best in a team-based culture of excellence.
- They are committed to joining a top-talented team that works to solve some of the challenges of the 21st century.
Apply now and join the thinkers!
Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist Job Description
The Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist will report directly to the COO and will work closely with the HW and Manufacturing leads to ensure products are delivered on time to our customers. Managing providers will also be under the remit of the Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist will also work closely with the CSO to understand the sales roadmap and adjust the procurement and supply chain activities to meet the demand.
We are looking for someone passionate about making the biggest possible impact, a team player with strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills.
What you will need to do:
- Understand the strategic business objectives and procurement requirements and develop sourcing strategies and roadmaps to support those objectives.
- Build effective procurement and supply chain strategies and processes.
- Look for providers, negotiate prices and contracts with them.
- Place and manage purchase orders.
- Work with the engineering department to understand the specific demand.
- Plan, execute and monitor buying activities based on that demand.
- Manage the supply chain (from components being delivered on time for product manufacturing, to final products being delivered timely to our customers).
- Managing RMAs with the right stakeholders both within and outside our organisation.
- Enable the business to improve decision making and continuous improvement through the provision and interpretation of accurate, timely and relevant data.
- 3+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain or project management of consumer electronics.
- Ability to define and deploy processes, and monitoring their performance.
- Great communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with international providers.
- Effective negotiator.
- Fluent in English.
- Previous experience with ERP systems.
- Working knowledge of the global electronics market.
- Team player.
- Engineering background.
- Experience working in an Agile environment or with the SAFe framework.