The home-automation era is over. The intelligent home and your career evolve here.
Do you want to jump with us to the next level of connected houses? You are at home! Come in!
At sofiathinks we bet on the extraordinary combination of user-friendly Software and powerful Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the ability to think to improve the most important place in our lives, our houses.
We are a start-up that takes care of what really matters: Feeling safe at home, saving energy, and looking after our families. Our main product, Sofia, is a brain in the heart of the house that comes to change the way we interact with our favorite place in the world.
Do you want to help us build a better indoor life? We combine a senior team with long experience in software and hardware multinationals with a group of young professionals eager to take over the world. Since 2017, we are creating a technology capable of using AI for self-learning and autonomous decision-making. An Intelligent Home accessible for everyone, not only a few tech-savvy people.
What are we looking for
People who thrive in this role:
- They love technology and are passionate enough to bring Sofia to new abilities and functionalities.
- They are driven, have high expectations of themselves, and are at their best in a team-based culture of excellence.
- They are committed to joining a top-talented team that works to solve some of the challenges of the 21st century.
Apply now and join the thinkers!
Software Engineering Lead Job Description
The Software Engineering Lead will work closely with the CTO, Solution Architect and Product Manager to align the engineering strategy, system architecture and product requirements. Also, he/she will be coordinating work efforts with the other AI and Hardware leads.
In this role, an outstanding balance between technical and business skills is required, making continuous tradeoff decisions with both constraints in mind. In many cases, these fast decisions are expected to be driven by previous experience, finding always the right balance between speed and quality, and by being able to “divide & conquer” problems to later iterate and show progress.
- Being responsible and accountable for the software technical decisions, playing a significant role in improving the team's velocity and adjusting the quality of deliverables to the business needs.
- Coach the software team, building, motivating and mentoring a team of senior software engineers to grow their skills and careers.
- Act as a Scrum Product Owner, being the Product Manager representative at the software team, breaking Product Manager's EPICs into User Stories, and prioritize the team's backlog, finding that business and technical tradeoff by working in “LEAN Startup" mode.
- Actively participate in the product development as a Software Engineer, by designing, implementing, reviewing and testing code.
- Work closely with the CTO, SW Architect, Product Manager and the other team's leads (Hardware and AI) on the Architectural Runway, making sure all the pieces fit together and building a scalable platform architecture.
- 7+ years of working experience in complex software architectures (edge and cloud technologies) and enterprise products. And a proven track record on successfully deployed systems into production.
- Proven experience in specs management and/or acting as Product Owner, translating and prioritizing business requirements into User Stories.
- Outstanding coding abilities with hands-on experience in different programming languages (C++, Java, C#, Python, Go, etc.), and broad knowledge of software design patterns.
- Proficiency in different and heterogeneous software development technologies and experience with the following software stack: GIT, Docker, AWS/Azure/GCP, etc.
- Experience mentoring and growing other engineers. Leading by example, being a role model for your team.
- LEAN Startup mindset required. Positive attitude, adaptability to a fast-changing environment, and able to tradeoff between quick & dirty solutions versus quality-oriented.
- Strong background in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, or related.
- Previous experience in a software startup with a similar role (ideally CTO or equivalent).
- Hands-on experience in embedded software development (Linux, C/C++, …).
- Knowledge of hardware development (firmware, communication protocols, etc.).
- Understanding of A.I. development (data pipelines, algorithms, etc.).
- Working experience with PaaS Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP,…).
- Hands-on experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL) and Time Series data.
- Scrum and SAFe knowledge or qualifications.
- Experience managing teams.
If this job description sounds like you… Hurry up! Send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com! (Please, include in the subject “Software Engineering Lead”)